Jade rollers combine two great things: Skincare and crystals. These soothing stone face tools are particularly proficient in depuffing the skin, relaxing the face muscles and even calming inflamed spots.
Double-ended jade rollers like the one pictured here are ideal for targeting different areas of the face. The larger roller can be used for the neck, forehead, and cheeks, while the smaller roller is ideal for smoothing around the eyes and lips. But in order to reap the rewards, you need to know how to use them properly. So keep these tips in mind the next time you’re looking to de-puff and de-stress
- Don’t roll solo: Use your jade roller with a serum or oil for lubrication. This will not only make rolling easier, but the facial massage will penetrate the product deeper too.
- Use Gentle Pressure Only: You don’t have to press hard to get results, all you need is gentle pressure when rolling, especially around the delicate eye area.
- Roll from center outward towards your ears: One of the main objectives of jade rolling is to provide lymphatic drainage. So as a rule of thumb, wherever you start on your face roll toward your ears and then down the sides of the neck, which is where your lymph nodes are located.
- Always roll in one direction only: When you’re rolling your skin you want to “drain” excess fluid out of your face. “When you roll back and forth it will still feel like a nice massage, however, you won’t be receiving the lymphatic drainage.
- Store the roller in the fridge: For an extra cool jade roller that will work wonders on depuffing eye bags and swollen spots.
- Follow up your rolling session with the application of Truffoire White truffle eye cream formulated with caffeine to help reduce puffiness further and smooth on some black truffle vitamin c serum to help soothe and brighten your skin.
Jade rolling not only benefits your skin by helping to massage your serum or oil into your face but can also have many health benefits as well, especially with the lymphatic and immune system. The Lymphatic system in our bodies, which is comprised of lymph nodes, lymph organs, lymph ducts and organs is a network that works with our immune system to protect our bodies from infection as well as help our bodies from retaining toxic fluids. Our Lymphatic system is in charge of detoxifying our blood system and preventing the buildup of toxic waste from circulating throughout our bodies.
Here are some other Health Benefits of Face massage with a jade roller
- Moves stagnant fluid from the face
- Reduces Inflammation/Facial Puffiness
- Reduces Puffy Eyes and Dark Under Eye Circles
- Improves Skin Texture; helps with sinus drainage and nasal congestion
- Stimulates Blood Flow to the surface of the skin to help with dull skin
- Stimulates Lymphatic Fluid to minimize puffiness, promotes detoxing and strengthens the immune system
- Promotes relaxation, calms the nervous system and helps with insomnia
We hope these post-holiday skin care tips will help keep you looking and feeling lovely through the season. So grab that jade roller from the fridge, your favorite skin oil and spend some time de-stressing and de-puffing after that big holiday meal.
Have you used a jade roller? Did it help you reduce puffiness? Share and comment below.